Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2nd Tuesday CSA Veggie Pickup

I was able to pick up the veggies today without the kids. I was even able to combine errands and went grocery shopping right after so I didn't just drive 30 minutes to and from just for a bag full of veggies.

Today's pick up consisted of 1 leafy green I can't identify, 1 bunch of beautiful red beets, 1 bunch of turnips, 1 bunch of radishes, 1 bunch of cilantro, and 1 bunch of rosemary.


It isn't much this time either but I still have hope. The veggies are also very bright in color. It inspired me to really get that garden started my neighbor and I were talking about yesterday. I would love to see these veggies growing in my yard. It would save my family a lot of money doing it and we would eat well. My husband and I attempted a garden a few years back. We managed to grow tomoatoes one time, then the watermelon took over. We eventually learned how to pick the watermelons, but it took some trial and error and of course research online. I will say though that what did survive from the the tomatoes and the watermelon were delicious.

We pulled the one carrot that grew too soon and the corn didn't grow at all. Maybe this time it will be different. We will research more online first and during our gardening. I'll ask the farmer from the CSA for some tips too and maybe just maybe we can put a complete organic salad on the table this year or next year from our very own organic garden. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment