Thursday, May 28, 2009

Organic Gardening and Plant For The Hungry

We sewed more seeds for our organic garden this week, seeds my husband bought from the localharvest link I sent him a few weeks ago. He bought some organic marigolds, organic pumpkin seeds and some organic okra. While helping him lace the pumpkin seeds in the dirt I prepared another planter for pumpkin seeds. He told me to save the rest for next year. I asked him, "Won't the seeds go bad?" He said, "I don't think so, but we don't need that many plants". I said, "We can swap seedling with neighbors that garden", but he didn't seem to like the idea much. Before he could responded he was distracted by my neighbor.


Later that evening, while reading my emails, I read the local harvest email in my inbox, which eventually lead me to a link I found interesting and later told my husband about. He loved the idea. What's the idea? Feeding the hungry. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment