Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not All Is Lost: NewMan's Own Organic on Sale

I can still shop for organic if its on sale. That's what I did a few days ago. While shopping for a few baby items some household needs and something for dinner I came thought about what I already had at home to eat. I had portabella mushroom, CSA eggplant, CSA okra, CSA onion, CSA tomatoes, CSA basil, and a box of Organic whole-wheat spaghetti I bought several weeks ago. Can you see where I am going here? So all I needed now was pasta sauce oh and Beef Bouillon, my husband instead. We were so close to have a vegetarian dish... oh well. It was my husbands turn to make dinner so it was up to him to decide if he wanted to make it from scratch or from a glass jar. It was already late in the day and we were already hungry. He opted for glass, but then I noticed Newman's Own Organic pasta sauce on sale. I've heard it was good, but the price has always prevented me from buying it. We bought it this time. I absolutely loved dinner. It was scrumptious. My husband claimed it needs some meat, but I'm proud of him for giving this dish a try and making it so delicious. I asked for a second helping... and I shouldn't have done that. I was stuffed.

Later this week I contacted Fairsted about joining their CSA. They have a drop site much closer to where I live. They emailed me a response that I can still join but that I need to hurry. So, I better hurry and fill out that application.



Posted my Newman's Own reviews here and here. If you have eaten or tryed a green product and really like it these are great websites to go to to write and read green reviews.


Green Site With Ratings here.


Also an organic contest for your kids here.

No comments:

Post a Comment