Thursday, August 27, 2009

Is a CSA Right for You? Well... Is it

I came across this article this week from the Daily Green and felt like sharing it.


These are some of the questions to ask yourself from the article:

Is a CSA is right for you, ask yourself:
  • Will my children and I love trying new produce from "our" farm?
  • Will I like the challenge of cooking with new fruits and vegetables?
  • Do I have to time to pick up or receive produce weekly or bi-weekly?
  • Will produce go to waste in my house? Do I have someone I can share my fruits and vegetables with?
  • Do my family and I enjoy eating a majority of the foods grown locally in our area?
  • Do you love shopping at the farmers' market but don't always have time to get there?
  • Do I have time to cook at least a couple of times a week?
  • Can you afford the risk if something goes wrong with the season's crops?"

Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/questions-for-csa-50091209?src=nl&mag=tdg&list=dgr&kw=ist#ixzz0OV2UImFc

No comments:

Post a Comment